After some discussion about getting a laser cutter for the Makerspace, a laser cutter has been purchased.
WE HAVE A LASER!
The laser cutter arrived Friday, January 11, 2019.
The laser cutter is being commissioned - installation, testing, and calibration should be complete by the end of January.
The machine we have is:
- Make: HL-Yeah
- Model: HL-ZXP 1060 100W (1000 mm x 600 mm working area) 
- Reci W2 (90W-100W) CO2 laser tube
- CW5000 chiller
- Ruida controller ("RDC6442S-B(EC)")
- Hardware Manual: http://en.rd-acs.com/Private/Files/a4d9f12fe9e32eb7.pdf
- RD Works v8 Software Manual: http://www.thunderlaser.com/download/down/RDWorksV8_Software_and_the_plug_in_software_SetUp_Manual.pdf
- Lifting platform (200 mm) honeycomb work table
- Rotary axis
- Auto focus
- 17HW4410H Stepper motors
- Fire suppression
- Safety glasses
- Laser power meter - received 0-200W laser power meter "POWERGAUGE V1" from eBay seller ukemm_qewpbhg
- Cart / Stand (4'W x 3'D x 2'H)
- Ken is working on a design for a stand, w/space for chiller.
- 0-30ma DC Analog Ammeter
- Spares / Consumables
- Mirrors (3), diameter?
- Focus Lens (1), diameter? focal length?
- Cleaning swabs
- Isopropyl Alcohol
- DI water for chiller
Proposal documents for laser cutter and funding:
- eBay listing of purchased laser cutter
- WORKSHOP FEE – $50 (One-time payment)
- MONTHLY USAGE FEE – $10/mo (Subscription per calendar month)
Sample - rubber stamp made with 80W laser
This stamp was made on an 80W laser cutter at at Schaffenburg e.V. (Germany). The Makerspace Nanaimo logo was taken from the front page of the https://makerspacenanaimo.org website and prepared for the laser cutter in a few minutes. This stamp is in a ziploc bag with an ink pad on the front desk at the Makerspace.