Wall Colour Clock
From Makerspace Nanaimo
All that you really have to remember is:
- The sequence in time is Red, Green, Yellow, Blue;
- That all four of these colours may appear in the top row, but only the first three may appear on the bottom (there is one all-blue test pattern, but that's done by setting a specific invalid time);
- The left-most pair code the hour and the right-most pair code the minutes, with a five minute resolution.
Some easy times to remember?
- 12:00 (noon or midnight) is all red;
- 4:20 is all green (lol);
- 8:40 is all yellow;
- 9:45 is both columns with blue on top and red on the bottom.
To get you thinking about the combinations:
- how many possible combinations are there? (Hint: a gross answer!)
- how many combinations with only one colour showing? (Hint: see above)
- how many times which only use at least one red and at least one green colour and no other colours are there (the Christmas combinations)? (no hints!)