Makerspace Nanaimo is an open community lab: a blend of workshop, studio space, social hub and educational facility where members can share tools, resources and knowledge to build just about anything.
What goes on at a Makerspace?
- On any given day you might have people woodworking, someone welding, a couple of programmers debugging code, someone at the bench soldering, and others socializing or just watching videos on the projector screen.
- There are also regular meetings to address club logistics and make decisions that affect our members and the space. All members can, and are encouraged to, participate in this process.
- Occasionally, members put on courses or clinics on topics they have some ability in.
Who can join?
- Everyone! Artists, engineers, computer programmers, electronics experts… all are welcome. Makerspace Nanaimo is a place to share knowledge across disciplines; come share your skills and learn some new ones!
Why join the Makerspace? There are lots of reasons!
- Work on a project in a positive, helpful environment where people want to help you
- Work with others on group projects or help them with yours
- Get to know like-minded makers and others in the community
- Join in social events like our potlucks and gaming nights
- Grow your skills and learn new ones
- Just have fun!
How much does it cost?
- $40/month. $30 for the first month (with Paypal subscription).
- Membership grants you 24/7 access to the space, the ability to sit in on and participate in meetings and discussions, use of the equipment and supplies in the space, and a storage location in the makerspace.